Monday, July 19, 2010

Zoo Day and Play-Doh Fun!!!

Ella and I went to the Detroit Zoo this morning and walked around for a few hours. It was quite nice zoo weather this morning, kind of cool and overcast so many animals were out and about. We were able to see the river otters swim, the peacocks walking about, the fairies...ummm...I mean butterflies flutter about our heads, the giraffes grazing on grasses, the camels lumbering to and fro, the arctic foxes running and the arctic seals blowing bubbles and so much more.

While we were on our way to exit the zoo, I decided that I wanted to take Ella's photo in front of the iconic Detroit Zoo Bear Fountain, I would have liked to have had her stand, however, she already had taken her shoes off (which she does whenever she is riding in her carseat or riding around in her wheels), so to get her shoes back on, get her to stand "still," while I would try to take a photo of her was more work that I think either one of us were up for after walking/riding around for almost two hours.




Then this afternoon David and Ella were playing with Play-Doh. David was making funny mustaches and putting them on his face and Ella in turn was doing the same. Ella has some hilarious facial expressions...she squints her eyes, curls her nose, raises an eyebrow, rolls her eyes, which apparently was what she was doing just prior to this photo being taken. Of course, the camera missed those shots, but did catch a cute one of her holding a mustache up to her face.


~giraffe is my favorite animal dee, Play-Doh mustache maker David, and silly funny girl with about a million facial expressions Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment