Sunday, August 15, 2010

Chicago Trip

David, Ella, and I went to Chicago this weekend to meet up with a wonderful family from Iowa: Kathy, Jim, Mackenzie, and Madison. Kathy, Jim, and Mackenzie traveled to China this past April to meet Madison and bring her home to her Forever Family.

Kathy and I belong to a Yahoo Group for families that have adopted a child/ren from certain cities/provinces from China. We started chating just prior to their departure for China and have kept in contact ever since. We discovered within a few of our first e-mails back and forth that their Madison and our Ella had been together in the same S.W.I. (orphange) in China since they were babies.

Kathy was so wonderful in that she scanned a few photos that she had received from the S.W.I. and sent them through e-mail...and right there was our Ella! When we met Ella we received a small photo book and right there was a photo of Madison too!!!

We thought that it would be and will be very important now, as well as, in the future for the girls to have this link with each other.

We are not sure whether they recognized each other or not, but like to think that there may have been a spark of recognition and we are already planning our next trip to see each other.

Ella, Mackenzie, and Madison at the Navy Pier


Ella, Madison, and Mackenzie having fun running around at the Navy Pier.

~Loves Chicago dee, didn't know what The American Girl Store was about but now I do David, and train traveler Ella

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHA!! You took Dave into The American Girl store? Did you have to revive him after the fainting? I bought Sarah an inexpensive 18" doll to see if she would play with it and she didn't. Glad I didn't pay $70-100 on one.

    Love the pictures and videos!! Chicago was great fun both times I have ben there. So much to do and see that I want to go back again. :O) One of Sarah's friends (also from China) moved there this summer, so it just might happen.

    ReplyDelete