Ella has discovered Bo Bo the doggie and she absolutely LOVES him.
We were playing with her stuffed animals last week where Bo Bo has been for the last two months, and he was the instant favorite. SHe seems to have an aversion to the many frogs and giraffes laying about, but the doggie was what she wanted to play with and hold onto.
Ella took to naming the doggie "Bo Bo" sometimes it sounds like "Ba Ba" so we alternated between the two names, but she certainly knows who it is that you are talking about when you say either of those names.
Now about "Dobby." I must admit that I am a little saddened that Dobby has taken a backseat to Bo Bo. Dobby is the giraffe we sent to Ella in her care package in March, Dobby helped us get through China on those tough days, and Dobby has been here to help Ella feel comfortable. There are times that Dobby and Bo Bo are held together as Ella walks from room to room (or sits on the potty), but then there are times that Dobby is just left on the bed, floor, or table and Bo Bo goes on the adventures with Ella.
However, this morning just before we left for the doctor's office Ella did choose to take Bo Bo with her, but she made sure to put Dobby on her bed, gave him a kiss, said "buh bye Dobby," waved, and then said "Llllllllll" (you know how your tongue flicks in and out of your mouth)which is "love you." It was one of the sweetest moments.
(Sorry for the sideways video...I am not a techie and have no idea how to make it upright.)
~lovin' Dobby dee, Silly make Ella laugh David, and Ella lovin' Bo Bo (and Dobby too)
Love the video! Ella is so sweet with her Bo Bo!
ReplyDeleteThat is a BIG step for Ella. She is certainly attaching to you and Dave well and I *love* it!!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to watch the videos soon.
Rhonda & Sarah
I can understand why it makes you a little sad about Dobby but the way I look at it is this. She knows she's home. She knows she is with her parents with whom she shares a mutual, unconditional love. She doesn't need Dobby anymore to make her feel safe or less 'transplanted'. I really believe that Dobby will always be special to her, even if she doesn't remember why.
ReplyDelete