Sunday, July 25, 2010

FCC Potluck (Saturday, July 24, 2010)

Yesterday (Saturday), David, Ella, and I attended a local potluck for FCC (Families with Children from China).

We had a wonderful time meeting and making new friends. We were able to share stories that only those that have had "the China experience" can understand...the marble curbs, the food at Lucy's, the crazy driving, etc....


Ella and Jadyn
(I love both of their expressions. By the end of the day as we were leaving Ella gave Jadyn a hug and kiss on the cheek.)


Ella with the China Girls

Hopefully, we will see our new friends sooner rather than later.
~Oriental Salad maker dee (yes, that is what we took as our dish), Ella follower David, and China Girl Ella

1 comment:

  1. I wish our group did more things together because it's a BLAST when we do. You're right, there are just some parts of the journey that can only be shared with those that traveled a similar road through China.

    I'm guessing you left part of your heart there, too. I *long* to go back. I craves some of the food I enjoyed and want to try more and experience more. *sigh* One day...

    Love that you are keeping this going.

    Rhonda & Sarah

    ReplyDelete