David posted this little story to his Facebook a few days ago and I thought I would share it here too. It is pretty hilarious!!!
For the past several weeks, as we get Ella ready for bed, Deanna goes thru her nightly ritual of washing her face as Ella soaks in the tub. One part of this nightly face washing ritual is Deanna putting on a mask, which is green (stick with me here).
When Deanna puts on this green mask Ella has taken to groaning: "Ohhhh Mommah Mommmah Mommmah" almost as if she is lamenting the fact that her Mommah has turned into some green faced beasty. She then collapses into a full on giggle attack once Dee leans over to kiss her with the mask on. (Still with me?)
So for the past few weeks, as Halloween has approached, Ella and I have been working on something...
See, at the Kroger we shop at every week, there is this animatronic Witch set up by the Halloween candy…
Ella and I usually go off on our own away from Dee and we pick up various things, but every time since we discovered the Witch I make a point to visit with the ole Lass. We stop, point at the green faced Witch and I feign surprise at seeing “Mommy” hanging out by the candy section. Ella would break down in giggles but never really go along with me. That was until today while I was at work and Dee took Ella on a quick and innocent Kroger run.
Still with me? Good cause it gets better.
So the Three of us went out to pick up some things at Target tonight. As we approach the check out, Ella points up and goes "OOOOHH MOMMAH MOMMAH MOMMAH!" Not quietly mind you. Looking up what did we see? A banner with a likeness of Frankenstein... a Green Frankenstein.
At this point I felt a very sharp pinch in the small of my back. I turned to see Deanna giving me the cold stare of death as she breathlessly mouthed "You will Pay".
As we made our way to the car, and I was still rubbing my back Deanna told me about her experience at Kroger that morning: They wheeled innocently by the Animatronic Green Witch; when Ella points, and say's: "Ohhh Mommah Mommah Mommah". I can only imagine the look of horror on Deanna’s face, and the confused looks of all the innocent older folk out for some mid-day grocery shopping.
Dorothy's Nemesis

Is there an uncanny resemblance?
It’s gonna be a very fun Halloween… for me :)
~Remembering what goes around comes around David, Witchie, Witchie, Screamie, Screamie Happy, Happy Halloweenie dee, and our Spook-tacular Little Girl Ella
No comments:
Post a Comment