Thursday, October 21, 2010

Zoo Day Fun!!!

We went to the zoo today. The 1st grade classes from the school I teach at were going to the zoo on a field trip. I was able to meet up with a few teacher friends, and see some of the kids I had last year in Kindergarten. Ella was able to see her friend Mya too.

It was a bit chilly, but that meant that we saw many, many animals out, about, and busy. We saw a gorilla eating a pumpkin, snow monkeys grabbing treats out of a pumpkin, lions lounging in the sun, tigers walking around, a hippo swimming, and many, many peacocks walking about (I was so brave).

Many areas of the zoo were decorated for Halloween. There were even pumpkins painted and assembled to look like zoo animals. We (David, Ella, and myself) are going back to the zoo next Friday evening to go trick-or-treating at the Zoo Boo.

Ella and Mya checking out the Snow Monkeys.

~still warming up after a trip to the zoo dee, finally finished with jury duty David, and our little monkey Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment