Saturday, July 9, 2011

Ella's First Race (as a runner)!

This morning Ella ran in her first quarter mile race at the Taylor Tot Trot.


Ella getting her Trot Number (#1) pinned to her back!!! This morning, Ella was very concerned about having a number (she went with David yesterday to pick up our 5K numbers) so I made her a number this morning (the one pinned to her shirt in front). I was number 45 so we made her number 45 1/2.

She did such a marvelous job. She was excited to start...just like on Caillou..."Ready, Set, Go!"


There was a point where she asked me to pick her up, but I told her she needed to keep going and you know what? She did!!! (I confess, I did tell her Daddy was at the Finish with a Juicy for her and that seemed to seal the deal.).

Once we got near the end she saw David and ran to him instead of heading towards the Finish (it was just too cute...see for yourself below).


Ella's medal and ring pop prize! (Where is that juicy that Mommy promised?)

The 5K race followed a short while later. It was a beautiful morning for a race. The sun was out, the wind was calm, and it was a bit warm, but not anything we couldn't handle.

We stayed after for the award ceremony, just to cool down and chat with one of the organizers of the race.  I am glad we did because not only did Ella receive her medal for running earlier in the morning, but David won the Men's Overall Walking Champion award.

Way to go little family....way to go!!!
~10:18 pace runner Nommy dee, Walking Champion for the Men of the World Daddy David, and our speedy little speedster Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment