There just are no words to describe just how wonderful this city is. The city is so alive. We got a few hours of sleep and woke up to the sun just starting to peek in the window. We got ready as fast as we could and headed out to explore. Our hotel is right by the Diplomatic District of Beijing, and we walked past many Embassy's with young and very serious looking PRC Soldiers standing guard, though I did get a smile out of one as we walked by... I didn't have the guts to ask him if we could take a picture of him, but I will try to work up the nerves tomorrow. The park was just bursting with activity at 5:30am. Folks out walking their doggies and their birds! Yes... I said birds. Folks were fishing along the river, swimming in the river, and as we walked by many tried to sneak quick yet polite looks at Deanna. We got a lot of BIG smiles and lots of Ni Hao!!!'s. I think we are both in love with the city. Breakfast was great! I got to try my first bowl of Congee with lots of other stuff I can remember the name of. I observed a few other more experienced folks so now at least I know I should have been dunking my pork dumplings into the Congee. I'll be sure to take pictures tomorrow for you Foodies! :) We are now headed down to take our first tour of the City. Xie Xie for following along so far! ~Dave and Deanna |
We are Deanna, David, and Ella....3 Peas in a Pod of our family garden! We are a family formed through the selfless and courageous act of one birth family. We welcome you to love, learn, and grow with us.
Friday, May 21, 2010
First Morning in China
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
oh dee, how the Chinese love your fair skin and locks!!! in the states you're a 10 but in china you're off the charts!!! enjoying the story so far. looking forward to gottcha day!!! looks like you're having a great journey! hugs and kisses
ReplyDeleteNi howdy! So exciting to read along with your grand adventures! Thinking of you always and keeping you in my prayers. How much longer until you meet Miss Ella?
ReplyDeleteWhat'd you think of the congee? I haven't made any in forever! I wonder if Daniel would still eat it if I made it.
ReplyDelete