The title pretty much sums up our current state of mind. The country and people of China continue to just blow us away with its Beauty and their friendly faces. But we can't think of anything else but Ella at this point. It's like being served a really good entree, but you know that behind the curtain your favorite desert is just waiting for you. Today we got to walk thru the Olympic Village and all the venues. We also visited Ming's Tomb and the Great Wall. Dee kicked my butt on the Wall and she left me in the dust. We continue to be a big hit and both of us were asked to pose for pictures several times which we gladly did! Tomorrow we head to Guangzhou where we will meet Ella on Tuesday (Monday for you North American's) and finish up with the US Consulate over the next 2.5 weeks. We are ready, fully in our hearts and our minds. We know how difficult it will be for her as she Grieves for the loss of everything she has ever known, but we are ready to help her thru that with our Love and our greatest dreams for all 3 of us. There are going to be some difficult months ahead as she learns to trust us, to love us, to see her as her parents when she has never known what a parent is. But we are ready. How Lucky we are. |
We are Deanna, David, and Ella....3 Peas in a Pod of our family garden! We are a family formed through the selfless and courageous act of one birth family. We welcome you to love, learn, and grow with us.
Sunday, May 23, 2010
T minus 42 hours... Oh and we saw the Great Wall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
HOURS!!! Not months or weeks, HOURS! So excited for all three of you to begin your new adventure as a family.
ReplyDeleteMuch love.
-Sara
David, I get tears in my eyes as I read your blog. I am sure that it will be an adjustment for Ella and you and Dee too. I just know in my soul that Ella will look at you both and see all the love that is in her grasp. Savor every moment. Thinking of all 3 of you BB
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for all of you! I can feel you excitement as I read your posts. Don't forget to keep us updated once you have Ella in your arms. ;)
ReplyDeleteSending many blessings to you on this trip and calming thoughts to Ella as she makes the transition.
Amy K
I am loving reading about your journey thus far. Really brings back the memories. You look like you're totally enjoying it.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see little Ella in your arms in the next couple days. It's truly an amazing experience. And these kiddos....what can I say...they rock!
Oh my goodness! I'm so excited for you! <3
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you guys! Not much longer now.
ReplyDeleteSpanks
Soon soon!!!!! I am so excited for you!!!
ReplyDeleteYEAH!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnne, Brian and Mya
So excited for you all! Sending smiles and hugs your way!
ReplyDeleteLove & Friendship:)
Chi Chi
This is awesome!!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to be stalking tomorrow, that's for sure!!
Oh, it's so soon now. I can't begin to imagine how you two must be feeling. I am so excited for all of you! Thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteTomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo, just thought you should know I think I am addicted to your blog. I have it added to my favorites and have even made Rick pause his poker game so I could get caught up. This is such an amazing adventure for you all! I am so proud of you as this has been one emotional roller coaster! Look forward to more posts!
ReplyDeleteoh how exciting for you all... please make sure someone has ur camera as ella is handed to you... i've got a box of kleenex ready!!! i am lovin this journey. happy travels. can't wait to read the next post!!!!
ReplyDelete