Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The truth is out, Ella is a Mommah's Girl.

There are several milestones to look for and work towards in regard to Attachment and Bonding when going about building a family the way we are.
 
We hit a big one yesterday when I reached down to pick up Ella as I always have and she cried out, turned to Dee and thru up her arms for Dee to pick her up and comfort her.  Dee was more upset then I was. Though I miss carrying her, Ella is finally starting to realized that we aren't some strange looking folks that may disappear from her life.
 
It's not that I don't have my own Roles to fill according to Princess Ella (who is slowly turning into an Empress).
 
1) Daddy may kiss me at his leisure, but only I choose if I shall kiss him back.
2) Daddy may feed me and run off to get Mommy and Me more juice.  I show my appreaciation for his servitude by waving him off cutely and greeting him with smiles that almost break my face.
3) Daddy best serves me as my playmate.  He is pretty good at inventing games but I reserve the right to change the rules to serve my needs.
4) Daddy may hold my hand on long car rides, but I shall look disinterested and distant until the moment he try's to take away his hand, at which time I shall show my displeasure loudly.
 
~Dave, Dee and Prin...... Empress Ella Chao Qiao

9 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!! Empress Ella has Daddy wrapped around her pinky quite well. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. stop making me cry!
    so sweet. sooooo sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She sounds so much like Madison! Actually, dad could hold her the first 3 days and after that it was all mom. Just remember David, there were no men at the orphanage.
    We love the pictures. They are just precious. We have that same ladybug shirt. I wish we could have been in China at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More tears! All happy of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Reading and loving every post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting the video and sharing a little moment of your new lives with Ella. Zachary was actually waving back at & saying "hi" to Ella while she was waving at the camera!! We are loving all the pictures too! Thanks for being so diligent with the blog when I know all you want to do is spend every second with Ella!!

    The Desentz Gang

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's absolutely beautiful! Isn't it amazing how smart and intuitive they are even at this early age! Kids always astonish me at how much they can pick up on and how much they understand even when you don't say a word! Amazing! LOVE the updates! Enjoying every minute with you!

    Jouppi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ya know...I really wouldn't have expected anything to be any differently than this...LOL! :) Looks like finally all is right with the world. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  9. My son has similar rules for us. And my 7yo daughter still hasn't outgrown Rule #1.

    Thanks for putting her down long enough to give us an update. :)

    Amy/Zoo

    ReplyDelete