Dee made me tear myself away from Ella to make a post to the Blog. Floppy Hat test run #1 was successful. She was the big hit at Breakfast yesterday as all the other Mommy's and Daddy's looked on in awe. Several of them expressed their amazement that she was willing to put anything on her head. Score! Yesterday was pretty tiring with all the government visits, interviews and processing. I was MUCH more grumpy then Ella was and I needed a nap more than anyone. She is now officially our Daughter in the eyes of China!!! She also had her physical. She was cool with it up til they had to weigh her. That was defiantly not cool in her book. Ella however is NOT cool with bath time yet. Total meltdown but after awhile she resigned herself to it. She did enjoy being dried off of course and all the snuggling that took place after. So far she only talks to me, and only when Dee is out of sight. She clamps up as soon as she returns even though Dee can hear her in the other room. I think I have Dee convinced we are just sharing secrets. I'm really going to try to get a recording of it just to see if she is actually talking in sentences or just chattering away. Whatever she is saying she is very convinced that she is the authority on some important matter... very serious. She is a total Momma's girl though :) Daddy can't even think about picking her up unless Mommy hands her to Daddy. After that though its cool for Daddy to walk around with her. She totally Rocks out as we walk around and I make drum beat sounds. Tried dancing with her last night but she was having more fun watching Mom and Dad make fools out of each other then joining in. That's all I have for now. We only have one appointment today to get her Passport started. Other then that we might try out the pool and some walking about before it gets too hot out! (Someone asked about Video's. We can, but our bandwidth here isn't very stable or hard core. I'm going to try to get a few together to post soon!) ~Dave, Dee and Princess Ella Chao Qiao |
We are Deanna, David, and Ella....3 Peas in a Pod of our family garden! We are a family formed through the selfless and courageous act of one birth family. We welcome you to love, learn, and grow with us.
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Floppy Hats and Sneaky Smiles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOVE the hat! (And Dee's shirt, for that matter...)
ReplyDeleteStephanie (nerdgirl)
She is so beautiful, and you both look so happy to finally have her. I can't even express how happy I am for the three of you!
ReplyDeleteLuAnn (jusmore)
I'm so glad that things are progressing so well. I love all the pictures! I kept checking today hoping you all would have time to share more.
ReplyDeleteYou have a beautiful daughter!! I keep getting teary just thinking of how happy you all are going to be.
Like Kim, I've kept coming back today to see if you've posted! I'm so delighted reading about how you are getting to know one another and LOVING seeing your new names as Mommy and Daddy in use! Can't wait to read more.
ReplyDeleteDave, the floppy hat!!!! Does Ella know how many more there are I wonder-hmmm!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the update-I love seeing the pics.
Have a great day.
She's so adorable...but Mom and Dad, Princesses wear pink! -)
ReplyDeleteLovin' the hats!! Sarah is enjoying following your blog, too.
ReplyDelete:O)
Rhonda/Ladybug Mom & Sarah
What a sweetie petitie. I love her. Word of advice -- keep up with the hats and bows if you like that sort of thing because if she's not used to it when she's 3, she won't stand for again till she's five. I had so many cute things to put on my toddler's head and she wanted NO part of it.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to read every little detail of the coming years. Wonderful stuff.
Wow! She is beautiful!!! We just got back home from our unplanned Ohio trip, and I loved catching up on your getting Ella!!! I am so happy for you all!!!
ReplyDeletefloppy hat: +1
ReplyDeletejust so happy for all of you.
your daughter is beautiful.
she is just so damn cute! i can't stand it and dee, geez you're looking so damn buff you MILF, you!! i am so jealous....sorry i got a little side tracked! anywho, so glad that the transition is going well... in no time at all you won't be able to remember what life was life before ella... and she'll feel the same way too.
ReplyDeleteDear Mommy and Daddy,and Princess ELLA,we all in my household are waiting for every daily Post!You not only made Your Dreams come True,But You've Shined a BRIGHT Light In our Lives about Hope,Love and Beleiving DREAMS come True.. She is GORGEOUS and your Mommy and Daddy Smiles are Treasure to ALL Who love you and have prayed for so Long!You Both Sey the bar high my Friends and We Hope You Feel the LOVE! Kiss That Little Love Bug For ALL of us here at Home!!!!!! Luv ya all!
ReplyDeleteWarning! Danger ahead!! Daniel is still hat obsessed and little girl hats are MUCH more expensive than baseball caps. :o)
ReplyDeleteLove the hat. A hat was one of the first things I gave DS when we met to cover his ears. I still have to go in at night and take them off his head when he's sleeping if he's managed to sneak one into his room. This is FOUR YEARS later. LOL
Amazing! Thank you so much for keeping everyone in the loop! Isn't technology incredible? How lucky that we get to share this journey! Lots of love and hugs to you all!
ReplyDelete