Ni Hao from Guangzhou!!!! (First, thank you for all the wonderful and kind messages you posted, we continue to feel your love and support even though we are on the opposite side of the world.) She really enjoys mimic type games. She really got into a peek-a-boo game with David (The peek-a-boo game is also called the Catch the Hidden Mystery game. Before we left we asked a wonderful co-worker of David's to translate a few questions that we could ask the Nannies about Ella when we met them.) and she also likes the "Uh-Oh Game!" with me. She started repeating what I would say when she heard me say "Uh-Oh!!!" when something would fall and I would say "Uh-Oh!!" She is just the smartest girl ever. After we played for a bit we realized we needed to feed her. We ordered room service (Oh, I forgot to mention that we are staying at The White Swan hotel and it is beautiful…those following that have been here, understand what I am talking about, those that have not, that is for a separate post!!!). She ate a lovely meal of fried rice, watermelon, cantaloupe, and oranges, and washed it all down with an apple juice/water combo mix (We tried both the bottle and a sippy cup. She is still trying to figure those out, but really likes the fact that David or I are happy to hold her and the bottle/cup for her.) Once our tummies David had another play session with Ella (I had about an hour of Ella time all to myself when we first arrived at the hotel, since one parent needed to complete some paperwork with the adoption facilitator here.) while I tried to unpack and get things ready for today (Official Appointment and Family Photo Day). Finally, around 8:00p.m. we decided we were all exhausted so we gave Ella a sponge bath and put her in her jammies, then all of us snuggled into one of the small (just bigger than a twin size) beds in the room. Yes, all three of us arranged in crazy positions…we just didn't want to leave her side for one moment. It didn't take her very long to calm down, she played quietly with her stuffed giraffe for about a ½ hour and then fell asleep and has been asleep and snoring ever since (it is now going on 3:30a.m.). She is just the most adorable thing ever (Don't all parents say that about their children though?) We love her to pieces and would do anything in the world for her!!! It is amazing how all the wrongs of world can be made right by the smile and love of a child…your child. ~dee, David, and Ella |
We are Deanna, David, and Ella....3 Peas in a Pod of our family garden! We are a family formed through the selfless and courageous act of one birth family. We welcome you to love, learn, and grow with us.
Monday, May 24, 2010
Playing, hugging, kissing, and sleeping!!! Our first night!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the pictures! Mommy with Ella, Ella playing (one shoe on, one shoe off -- how typically two!), and Daddy feeding Ella. I don't know how you two are even sleeping one bit and not just spending all your time staring at her. Thanks so much for taking the time to share this with us. :)
ReplyDeleteShe is adorable! I'm tearing up reading your posts, your happiness and love just come shining through! Enjoy your time in China and I'm so glad to hear that Ella is taking to her mommy and daddy so well and easily so far. What a charmer!
ReplyDeleteI remember when my mom found out she was going to be able to adopt Sabrina- I was 4 and I remember it like it was yesterday. Crying, laughing, hysterical.... lol. I always knew that my Mom chose me, that's what she always said, and how she always wanted us so badly. You guys are going to be so happy together....
ReplyDeleteI'm sitting here just sighing happily....it's almost like a fairy tail - definitely a dream come true, if nothing else! She is just so absolutely precious, I want to reach through the pictures and squeeze her. I'm so glad to hear that everyone seems to be adapting nicely so far. Those pictures only seal it in my mind that you two are MADE to be Ella's parents. Much, much love coming your way....
ReplyDeleteSeriously wonderful pictures! What an incredible day for you all; the beginning of a lifetime of joy, love, and wonderful times. We are beaming from ear to ear over here and can't wait to see more pictures! Love and hugs-Debbie & Co.
ReplyDeleteTears of joy here, what a wonderful update! She is beautiful, and your smiles say it all. We are family!!
ReplyDeletexo
Sara
So so thrilled for you all!
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you all! She's absolutely beautiful. Enjoy your time getting to know one another.
ReplyDeleteI am loving all of your updates. Ella is so cute!! Are you able to upload video at all?
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweetiepie! You have so many wonderful moments ahead. tears of joy!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations again! This is such wonderful news. Ella Bella is living up to her name and how.
ReplyDeleteSending love and light to you all the way to China.
xoxo
Martha
Such a wonderful update! Sounds like she thriving already. And wow on such a good first night of sleep! I do not blame you one bit for wanting to snuggle her in bed. I wish my boys would snuggle with me as we sleep, but they like their space, lol. Enjoy these first few days together as you guys get to know each other.
ReplyDeleteTears of joy for you all! Congratulations to you all! What a fabulous update!
ReplyDeleteJenni
(joeysmum)
oH MY GOSH!!! She is perfect, I know that you think so too! :) Thanks for the pictures, they are wonderful. Mya is practicing saying Ella, she is getting good. In a couple of weeks it will be perfect. She loved seeing the rings in the picture! :) Enjoy every minute, I know that you and David are!
ReplyDeleteAnne, Brian and Mya
I am smiling from ear to ear reading your amazing posts! Ella is ADORABLE and you are such a beautiful family! Congratulations again!
ReplyDeleteSending happy hugs and smiles your way!
Love & Friendship
Chi Chi
Congratulations... we are so happy for all of you! We are looking forward to watching Mya and Ella play together.
ReplyDeleteTake care and enjoy!
Stan and Gail
I am totally beyond thrilled for you all!! Perfect family!!
ReplyDeleteI couldn't let go of Sarah either. I just couldn't get enough of her. Still can't.
My heart is in China with you and you will leave a part of yours when you head home. It's inevitable. :O)
This makes my heart SUPER happy. (as Kai-Lan would say)
Rhonda, Keith & Sarah (Ladybug Mom)
Amazing amazing amazing! Todd and I have been smiling and welling up with happy tears for you! Saying we are thrilled for you doesn't begin to cover it, but we are loving every update and cannot wait to see the three of you!
ReplyDeleteMiss and love you!
Elizabeth & Todd
Ella is just as cute as she was in her original pictures, I think the cuteness now is 10 fold as she glows in the love that you and David are able to give her! Like everyone else following, can't hardly wait to read and see more of your journey!
ReplyDeleteShe is the luckiest little girl ever, to have two parents who love her so much. I just can't stop crying reading these posts - I am so incredibly happy for all of you!
ReplyDeleteStephanie (nerdgirl)
Dee and David,
ReplyDeleteWe can not believe how much Madison and Ella look alike. They have the same facial features. Both are beauties! I remember our first daughter, we would just lay in bed and stare at her when she was sleeping. Enjoy every single minute.
Jim, Kathy, Mackenzie and Madison
She is precious! It is great to be able to see everything as it is happening. I am so happy for you, David, and Ella. You are a beautiful family now:)Can't wait to meet her!
ReplyDeleteValerie