Monday, May 24, 2010

While you were sleeping...on the other side of the world...we had an emergency "E" Day!!!!

What is an emergency "E" Day you ask??? Well, of course "E" stands for "Ella!!!" It really wasn't an emergency more like a surprise!!!!
 
Our guide Sim picked us up at our room Monday morning before we left for Guangzhou and he stated that he had some exciting news to share with us. He stated that we would get to meet Ella today...Monday!!!!
 
We left the Beijing Airport at 10:15a.m. arrived in Guangzhou at 1:30p.m. and met Ella at 2:30p.m.!!! Needless, to say it has been a whirlwind of an afternoon!
 
We are over the moon excited and in love.
 
 The transition was a bit bumpy at first but, we seem to all be finding our place. Ella keeps glancing at us out of the corner of her eyes every so often to see if we are still here and other times she will stare at us intensely trying to figure out who in the world we are to her.
 
More updates to follow either later tonight or tomorrow...we need to go love, play, kiss, and hug Ella now.
~dee, David, and Ella
 
 

 
 

46 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a wonderful family. Needless to say I am so excited that they are my family. What a great way to start the week. Talk to you soon, love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowowowowowowowow!

    Happy Gotcha Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the best picture I have ever seen. I have tears in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing thing to see first thing in the morning! Happy Gotcha Day, your family is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belinda / solobelMay 24, 2010 at 5:53 AM

    Heartfelt congratulations to you!! So wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! You are all beaming! What a great day! :)

    Anne, Brian and Mya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! we are soooooo happy for you! The kids think she is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy for you! She is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best "emergency" ever! Congrats to all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best family picture EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Margaret & Leon PowellMay 24, 2010 at 7:00 AM

    Alabama is so excited for you three.....you are in our prayers. God ride with you.....Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!!! What a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elizabeth and I are sooooo happy for you guys. What a beautiful picture of the new family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful, WONDERFUL day this is!!!! Congratulations, Dave and Deanna! So many wonderful thoughts coming your way from Kentucky. Lots of love to all THREE of you!
    ~Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Julie M (cassiopeia)May 24, 2010 at 7:34 AM

    Congratulations to all of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. We Adopted a Baby Girl from Huizhou, Guangdong PRC last August 3, 2009 & she is the love of our life, I am so happy for you & your Family, I literally have tears rolling down my face. Safe travels home.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great, great, great day!!! So happy & excited for all 3 of you!

    Sharla

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful surprise!!!! You look like the perfect family. I couldn't be happier for you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. AZ checking in. Best day ever. I'm so happy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an amazing day. I'm so happy for you guys.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  21. I cannot think of anything I have ever wanted as badly for myself as I have wanted this for both of you. That photo is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Keeping you all in my heart and prayers for a smooth transition and lifetime of happiness and joy together as a family -- at last.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's so awesome!! :)

    I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So great you guys!!!! Best family picture I have seen in a long time!!! I could not be happier for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jacquie (lumpyslady)May 24, 2010 at 8:58 AM

    BEST.MONDAY.EVER.

    Congrats to all three of you! I am crying I'm so stinkin' happy for you. She's gorgeous.

    Happy Gotcha Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh happy day! Congrats and Happy Gotcha Day! Beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So excited for your surprise Gotcha Day. She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Tears of happiness as I read this post!! She is one lucky little girl to be getting you two great parents! Enjoy your gotta day. :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hooray! Congratulations -- I'm so thrilled for you!
    (And that's no load speaking. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  29. The Most Beautiful Picture We've Ever Seen! The Whole Family is following your Wonderful Journey.Every Time You Post,We Cry Tears of Total Joy For You All! This Is What Dreams are Made of! Luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  30. I don't think I have ever seen a bigger smile on your face Dee! Your post has resulted in lots of big smiles over here too! What a BEAUTIFUL family!!! Congratulations!

    Love,
    Chi Chi

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations you three!!
    -Jennifer/jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations, I am so happy for all of you. It's been a long time coming.

    ReplyDelete
  33. That's fantastic news! I'm so happy for you three! Many congratulations and keep those wonderful pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete
  34. AWESOME! I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wonderful!!!!! Words cannot express how happy I am for all three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Amazing, awesome, and PERFECT! We are beyond thrilled for you all and can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it!
    xoxo
    Debbie, Rick, & the boys :o)

    ReplyDelete
  37. W00t!!! She is beautiful, what a perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  38. She is darling. You all look so happy - congratulations!

    Stephanie (nerdgirl)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congrats!!! What an awesome picture!

    ReplyDelete
  40. omg!! i checked my fb and saw the post on my way home from work. i drove like a mad woman to get home and check the blog!!! She's just amazing!!! i can only imagine your joy!!! and yes, every parent thinks their child is perfect and guess what, yours is!!! she's a keeper!!!! so happy for you!!! already wantin' more of your blog!!! hugs and kisses!!!
    netter may

    ReplyDelete
  41. Congrats! So happy for all of you! What an exciting time! Love the pics...Ella is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh, so many tears of gratitude for answered prayers. How precious it is to see her in your arms. How I've waited to see these pictures (and so have many, many others.) What a wonderful, wonderful sight. I'm so thrilled for you guys...just over the moon.

    She's absolutely beautiful. You make a beautiful mother, Deanna. Congratulations doesn't put it into words. When I saw that you got her as an early surprise I literally stood up and screamed, "Yay." My own little China doll just looked at me like I was nuts (but that wasn't the first time.

    Enjoy every single second. And, oh, how I remember those slightly-bigger-than-twin and made-out-of-concrete beds. You are making constant memories. Eat them up...she will giggle as you share them with her later. I was just telling Reese some stories about walking thru Guangzhou yesterday and all the ladies fussing at me for not having her dressed warm enough in the 78 degree weather! She thought it was such a great story!

    Such a precious story. Thank you so much for sharing with us. She's is beautiful!

    shawna kelly

    ReplyDelete
  43. Missing your post....hope all is alright. Auntie Margaret Powell

    ReplyDelete