Saturday, May 29, 2010

Xiangjiang Safari Park



Another wonderful family invited us to join them on a visit to the Xiangjiang Safari Park, which is about 40 minutes outside of the City of Guangzhou. The taxi ride as always was half the adventure! Not many places I know can turn a 4 lane highway into an 8 lane free for all.

The Safari Park came as a highly recommended place to visit while here, and we definitely pass on that recommendation to all the other families who will be heading this way!



It's touted as a children's Zoo, and it doesn't disappoint. Many... many... many baby animals with alot of places to feed every species you see from Giraffe to Monkey's.

As for the Zoo itself, it was very humanely put together with alot of space for them.



For those of you that know Dee well, you know how difficult it was to get this picture. I managed to talk her into getting this close. I was afraid if she got any closer she would be handing me Ella and go screaming thru the park.



A 2 year old just isn't old enough to know how cool this place is, though she did dig the Giraffe's and watching them being fed. I think in this picture she is telling Dad how totally awesome he is. It was something like: "Dad, your totally Awesome". You can see from Dee's look that she was in shock that Ella was able to pronounce and put together such a sentence. Poor Dee, Ella only says "Momma" to her.



I'll let you guess what she is thinking in this picture. But that is the: "You best evaluate your next option very closely because if you make the wrong choice I will let the park know about it" look that we get every so often.

Thanks again for reading!

~Dave, Deanna and Ella-bean

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time! We're having such a blast following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How totally AWESOME!! Will have to put that on the list for our next visit (hopefully before Sarah is 12 ;o) }.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hillarious captions! Ella's English is really coming along! He! He! He!
    Jouppi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Dee! Pretty soon you will have the birds landing on your arm. HA! Like Jouppi, I love the captions David. When the Empress speaks, the peasants must obey. Blaszak

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're going to keep this going until she is about 18, right? We love waking up to read all about your day. This one was too funny David!

    :) Heather & Andie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your comments! They really keep me laughing. I look forward each day to reading your blog and hearing what Ella has to say:) Thanks again for sharing.
    Bolla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great zoo! Thanks for keeping updated on your journey. It's amazing! :) The giraffe's are the best! :)

    Brian, Anne and Mya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dee - I'm having a great time following your blog. Congratulations to you, David and Ella. Empress Ella is just so cute. Looking forward to meeting her. So proud of you for getting that close to those birds. Enjoy the rest of your time there and have a safe trip home...Barb

    ReplyDelete