(We have found the cord thing for the camera to the laptop, but just haven't had time to transfer photos...there coming, there coming....I promise.) Well, we have had some really good days and some....well...not so good days, but each day it is getting better. The stroller, wagon, and bathtime are now fun again!!! Yay and Whew!!!! The shopping cart at Target or the grocery store....not so fun and must look like some kind of toture device....I need my girl to be a Target Girl like myself....we will get there, we will get there. Ella slept in her room last night in her toddler bed!!!! She had been taking naps in there all week and last night she slept at nighttime in her own room. Now, I didn't sleep well, as every sound I heard on the monitor made me leap from the bed, but she seemed to sleep well. Most important of all Ella is really starting to come out of her shell a little bit more each day. We all knew and have witnessed that personality, however, she is becoming quite a character...you should hear her scold Peala. It is too funny, we cannot figure out if she is saying any Chinese words or if she is talking toddler speak...at any rate it is pretty funny. We have tried to get it on video, but as soon as we take out the camera either Peala skulks away or Ella resigns herself to the fact that Peala is here to stay too. Hopefully, new photos of Ella will be up today!!! ~rested dee, jet-lagged David (yes, still), and silly Ella |
We are Deanna, David, and Ella....3 Peas in a Pod of our family garden! We are a family formed through the selfless and courageous act of one birth family. We welcome you to love, learn, and grow with us.
Thursday, June 17, 2010
WOW!!! What a difference a few days makes!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I just wanted to thank you for sharing your journey and your first few days with your adorable daughter. Reading about it has been incredibly moving and heartwarming and I'm so happy for the three of you.
ReplyDeletenina
Congratulations on the small victories. Sympathies on the jet lag recovery. Love & hugs to you all. Looking forward to seeing the photos.
ReplyDeleteLove it!! Kids and gao gao are always funny combos. :O)
ReplyDeleteRhonda & Sarah
So glad to hear things are getting better! And don't worry, Dee - she'll like Target soon enough! {{{hugs}}}
ReplyDeleteMost of my awful kid moments have occured in Target, so don't worry--your time will come! So happy you are a family at home now.
ReplyDeleteYou are so lucky, my son was terrified of our dogs when we brought him home! It was a week before they won him over! Now the cats were another story...he took a lot longer to warm up to them. I'm so happy to hear that her personality is starting to really shine...it's just the tip of the iceberg I'm sure! Enjoy!!
ReplyDeleteI can just picture Ella give Peala what for. Hope you're able to catch it on film.
ReplyDelete