Tired, and ready to come home. 2 1/2 weeks and the shop keepers know us by name and the beggar's just nod and let us pass by without raising their cups.
Tomorrow we finally have our US Consulate appointment. Tuesday we will go in to take our Oath's, and Wednesday we will get Ella's Visa to come home. By Friday mid morning we should finally be showing Ella around the house she will be calling home and settling in to nest.
~Dee, Dave and Ella the homesick.
We are ready for you to come home too! :)
ReplyDeleteBrian, Anne and Mya
That's one thing about a Guangdong province adoption. I'm glad you were able to do the Beijing side trip. You'll be home before you know it.
ReplyDeleteWhen I would read blogs before we traveled I would wonder why people were so tired and ready to come home once they got to GZ. Then I was there and realized it is so exhausting living in a hotel and couldn't wait to come home even though China was an amazing experience.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to you being stateside again. :O)
Rhonda & Sarah
Hang in there...you have made it this far...sure you can't wait to be back in your own bed and finally put Ella in the ladybug garden afterall!
ReplyDeleteSorry not to have commented so far, but I really want to say congratulations on your beautiful family! I love all the videos you've posted. So sweet! Soon you'll be home and into the swing of things (well, first you'll be adjusting to the time change, but after that!) with your precious daughter! I am so excited for you and so glad that the difficult wait is finally over.
ReplyDeleteHahaha - love the title to your post. I can only imagine how exhausting this has been for all of you!
ReplyDeleteStephanie (nerdgirl)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to have all three of our peas home!!!
Love ya, Mom
Looks like I can post messages again-Yea! I know my greeting is just a little early-But I didn't want to miss the 10th. So good morning, guys. Just two more days before you leave China. We all are looking forward to getting you home. Don't think I could have stayed in a hotel room for almost 3 weeks with a little one (not even 25 years ago, Dave) We are so proud of all of you, I love to hear all three of you giggle, Ella looks so much more comfortable! Have a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteLove Mom B
OMG!! It didn't look like any of the earlier bloggs went through! Now you have more than you need from me-this is the last, I promise!
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom
Happy Birthday David!!! What a Great present....becoming a new Daddy....wonderful family. I have been following along:laughing & crying from all the joy your blog has brought to us. Thank you for sharing your trip with us. Thank You for letting us meet our Ella. I can hardly wait till you all get HOME!!! It will all be here before you know it. I am amazed at how far Ella has come in just a short time...what a BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER you both have. What a BEAUTIFUL FAMILY! I am so very proud of all 3 of our peas...Safe travel, Warm well wishes, and much love
ReplyDeleteAunti Jo and Ray
Pictures from home are going to be amazing...after the jetlag, of course. Get ready for lots of video and picture-taking in the wee hours of the night(morning, I mean.) Reese and I had lots of playtime in the middle of the night and ate our scrambled eggs at 10 p.m. for a couple of weeks.
ReplyDeleteBut it is such a blessed time of just (finally) being home. It will be SO wonderful to see Ella at HOME with you guys. Such a long wait is finally coming to the beautiful end you've waited for. Isn't she worth it? She's simply gorgeous and I can see with every post and every picture how she's becoming more comfortable and more YOURS.
You have such a precious family!
Ella is like the ultra-cool Cyndi Lauper of the Pre-K crowd. Diggin' the pink polka dot nodders! Fly safe and let us know when the peas are safely home in their own pod.
ReplyDelete